Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Some quick hands-on training

I just hosted my cousin's son from Australia for a mere 24 hours as he was preparing to enter the MTC. He's serving a mission in Japan. I told him of my new calling, and he was thrilled as he's been a Ward Family History consultant for a year now, using the new system. He was very excited to train me, and we proceeded to spend hours going over the system, how it works, how to do due diligence (can't do enough), and how to find the work to be done. I'm already finding some work in my family lines. Already! Within 24 hours!!! This system is so elegant. There are clearly some improvements that can be made, and I'll see what I can do about getting feedback going up the pipe. And I can see why they were rolling it out in Utah and Idaho last. We're going to kill the system! All the active members who are going to be using the system! And the pioneer families!! The children!!! (The wives!!) I've tried to merge a few stray records already, and the system can't handle the size of the files, so it won't merge. That's going to have to change.

This is exciting stuff. I'm giddy with the yearning to get the work done. Here's the wheel. Put your shoulder to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment